On Thursday, undercover detects from the Bradenton Police Department dressed as prostitutes and picked up several residents throughout the city that were in turn arrested on solicitation charges.
The undercover sting netted nine arrests of individuals for allegedly attempting to procure the services of the undercover cops for prostitution and other lewd acts.
Deputy Chief Warren Merriman said the stings will continue on constant basis throughout the city’s jurisdiction until the criminal realize that "these illegal acts will not be tolerated within the City of Bradenton.”The following people were arrested during the sting:
- Abel Morales, 24, charge: solicitation of prostitution.
- Agapito Avalos-Hernandez, 26, charge: solicitation of prostitution
- Sam Wiggins, 48, charge: solicitation of prostitution
- Hever Mendoza, 32, charges: solicitation of prostitution and driving with suspended license (third offense).
- Tecumsiah Hicks,38, charge: solicitation of prostitution.
- Carlos N. Mejia-Diaz, 28, charges: solicitation of prostitution, driving without a valid license and child neglect.
- Jamie Hill, 23, charge: assault on a law enforcement officer and obstruction of justice.
- Veronica Rios, 25, charge: obstruction of justice.
- Samantha Gardner, 22, charge: obstruction of justice.