The pub made its much-anticipated move to downtown just in time for last week’s first Get Down Downtown of the 2011-12 season. Check out The Distillery and other events around Bradenton this weekend.
- Distillery Tavern, 450 Old Main St., opened its doors at its new location last week and they’re open from 2 p.m. until 2:30 a.m. seven days a week. And they keep serving pizza, along with cold drinks, until close.
- , 302 Old Main St., welcomes back guitarist and folk singer J.J. Smith from 7 p.m. to 10 p.m. Friday. The Scottish singer is known for playing old Irish folk songs and getting the crowd engaged with the music.
- Live music from Soupbone at , 4343 Palma Sola Blvd., starting at 9 p.m. Friday. Get your tickets at the door. Cover: $5.
- Take a trip back to the 1980s at , 2709 Cortez Rd., which is hosting an 80s Party on Saturday from 9 p.m. until 2:30 a.m. Live music by Danny Fox, a dance contest, prizes for the best 80s attire, poker from 7:30 p.m. to 9 p.m. Drift-In drinks are cheaper during their happy hours from 8 a.m. until noon and again from 3 p.m. to 7 p.m. every day.
- , 5606 14th St. W., has football, wings and beer all day Sunday. Get 20 wings (any flavor) and a pitcher of domestic beer for $12. Bleachers also has the NFL Sunday Ticket, so whatever your team, it’s sure to be on one of Bleachers’ televisions.