Friday night looks like a busy one.
There's a benefit at Westminster Manor with a name sure to make you chuckle, or cringe, and live music from The Lacs at Joyland.
Or visit a couple of the Old Main Street bars featured below. The Lost Kangaroo is trading shots for school supplies and Distillery Tavern has one of the best pizzas in town - and it's available until last call.
Speaking of Last Call, if you plan to lay around all day Saturday in your jammies, no need to get dressed for their party later that night:
- If you have yet to try the pizza at , 450 Old Main St., you’re missing out. The Distillery is open from 2 p.m. until 2:30 a.m. seven days a week and they’re serving pizza by the slice or a full pie until the doors close. This week’s specialty pizza of the week is Boiler Room Pizza. Daily happy hour drink specials from 2 p.m. to 7 p.m. are $1.75 domestic drafts, $2 wells and $3.25 house wine.
- , 406 Old Main St., is collecting school supplies to help kids in need that attend Manatee School for the Arts, 700 Haben Blvd., Palmetto. If you’re visiting the ‘roo any day this weekend, bring some school supplies like pencils, notebooks, paper, binders or backpacks. If you spend at least $5 and you have a receipt to prove it, you’ll get a free shot.
- Animal Network is hosting a dinner to benefit Manatee County Animal Services and raise awareness and support for the spaying and neutering of pets, part of the county's efforts to become a No Kill Community. The “Spay-ghetti and No Balls” dinner will be from 5:30 p.m. to 9 p.m. Friday at Westminster Manor, 2100 17th St. W. Catered by Hickory Hollow, dinner will include an appetizer, spaghetti and sauce, garlic bread and dessert. There will be a cash bar with beer and wine and a silent auction. Tickets are $20. Meatballs will be sold a la carte. Check out the flyer in the accompanying photos for info on where to get tickets in advance.
- Live music at , 5520 14th St. W., from The Lacs, at 10 p.m. Friday. The Lacs – which stands for Loud Ass Crackers – are a southern rock and hick hop band from Baxley, Ga., with a sound “stronger than the moonshine they drink,” according to their website. Tickets are $10. Click here to buy tickets in advance (and also to get a preview of Joyland’s other concerts planned for the near future) or get them at the door.
- , 2604 Manatee Ave. E., is hosting a Pajama Party starting at 10 p.m. Saturday. Be warned: It’s a Pajama Party – NOT a Lingerie Party! So swing by in your best pajamas for drink specials and a costume contest.