Steak 'n Shake
Looking for all the world like a '50s diner with its striped awning and red/white/black tiled decor, Steak 'N Shake is famous for its Steakburgers, shoestring French fries and hand-dipped milkshakes like the ones we loved back in the day.
You can eat in, take out or opt for the drive-thru window. There is an extensive menu for those who prefer something other than hamburgers and fries that includes fish, chicken, hot dogs, chili, salads and awesome onion rings. Kids eat free when dining in on Saturday and Sunday (one meal per $8 spent by the adults) and there is a kids menu, of course.
Other specials include seasonal milkshakes – caramel apple for fall – in addition to specialty shakes like chocolate chip cookie dough. They're half off during two Happy Hours, 2pm - 4pm and 2am - 4am.
- Hours: Daily, 24 hours
- Payments accepted: Cash, Discover, MasterCard, Visa
- Food & dining options: Vegetarian
- General services: Eat-in, Take-out
- Menu link: www.steaknshake.com/menu/the-original-steakburger/
- Specialties: Hand-dipped milkshakes with special flavors for the changing seasons
- Parking: Free lot
- Cuisine: American, Burgers, Dessert / Ice Cream, Fast Food, Sandwiches
- Signature dishes: Original Steakburgers, classic melts, "genuine" chili, hand-dipped, side-by-side milkshakes
- Price level: $
- Features: Breakfast, Dinner, Group-friendly, Kids' Menu, Lunch
- Dress code: Casual