On a Shoestring looks like an upscale boutique with its colorful wall of shoes for running and walking, park benches to sit on while trying on the shoes, racks of sports clothes and just about any accessory you might need when training for a 5K run or your next charity walk.
This Manatee County 2009 Small Business of the Year winner is connected to the community through local running clubs and walking groups. It also sponsors area events for major charities (American Cancer Society, Red Cross, Breast Cancer 3-Day in Tampa) and nearly every local community running or walking event held (Bradenton Runners Club, Manasota Track Club, Manatee High School, MCC and the YMCA, to name a few).
Everyone connected with the store is an athlete, so you'll have expert attention and knowledgeable recommendations for all your purchases. Ask about the wet test and treadmill gait analysis while you're getting fitted for your shoes. On a Shoestring stocks all the major brands such as New Balance, Echo, Puma, K-Swiss and more.
- Hours: Mon - Fri, 9am - 7pm; Sat, 9am - 5pm; Sun, 11am - 3pm
- Handicap Accessible: Ramp from handicapped parking spaces
- Payments accepted: Cash, MasterCard, Personal Check, Visa
- Products: Running/walking shoes, clothing and accessories, books and magazines, nutritional food.
- Parking: Free lot
- Private events: Yes
- Clothing and accessories brands: Clothing: Adventure Babe, Brooks, CW-X, Mizuno, Moving Comfort, New Balance, One More Mile, Puma. Socks: Balega, Brooks,Experia, Feetures, Sock Guy, SofSole
- Sporting goods rentals: No
- Shoe brands: Brooks, New Balance, Mizuno, Puma, Saucony, Avia, Spira, K-Swiss, Pearl Izumi, Aravon, Ecco, Etonic, Dunham