Often referred to as "the best Mexican restaurant in Bradenton," Mr. Tequila is the flagship location of their three restaurants in southwest Florida. The reviews for both food and service are consistently excellent.
The food at Mr. Tequila is not standard Tex-Mex fare, although you'll find both familiar and special versions of tacos, burritos and enchiladas. But the extensive menu includes many steak, chicken, seafood and vegetarian specialties of the house: Bistec Mr. Tequila (with the restaurant's awesome green sauce), Pollo a la Crema, Cheese Steak Tacos, spicy Camarones a la Diabla and much more. There are a few low-calorie dishes as well, and the 10-item kids menu includes macaroni and cheese and chicken tenders along with child-friendly Mexican selections.
Mr. Tequila claims to have the best Mexican-style margaritas, which are available in small, medium and large sizes as well as pitchers. It also serves a small selection of wine and domestic, draft and imported beers. Happy hour is 4pm – 6pm on weekdays.
By appointment, restaurant management can arrange to accommodate large groups or a special event in the attached garden-style room.
- Hours: Mon - Thu, 11am - 9:30pm; Fri, Sat, 11:30am - 10:30pm; Sun, closed
- Handicap Accessible: Ramp from handicapped parking area; level entrance to main restaurant and separate entrance to garden room.
- Founding Date: 2003
- Payments accepted: American Express, Cash, Debit Card, Discover, MasterCard, Visa
- Food & dining options: Low calorie, Vegetarian
- General services: Eat-in, Phone orders, Take-out
- Menu link: www.mrtequilarestaurant.com/menu.html
- Specialties: Over 35 house specialties and special dinners; "real" Mexican margaritas
- Parking: Free lot
- Private events: Yes
- Cuisine: Mexican
- Price level: $
- Reservations: Accepted
- Features: Dinner, Group-friendly, Happy Hour, Kids' Menu, Lunch, Private Parties
- Dress code: Casual