The Historical Records Library is located within the Bradenton Carnegie Library, which was founded in 1918 with funds from industrialist and philantropist Andrew Carnegie and recognized in 1987 by the U.S. National Register of Historic Places.
The building previously served as Bradenton's main library for 60 years. Today it houses governmental records, marriage licenses, maps, yearbooks, voter registration books, military discharge books and more dating back to 1856. The library is operated by the Clerk of the Circuit Court, and its staff is available to help researchers or those seeking to learn about the county's past.
- Fax: 941-708-5926
- Hours: Mon - Fri, 8:30am - 5pm
- Founding Date: 1918
- Parking: Free lot