Lakewood Ranch Taekwondo Academy
Honesty is one of the main tenets of the ancient Korean self-defense art Tae Kwon Do. Founder Craig Balliette has 31 years of instruction experience, and he personally conducts every practice session at Lakewood Ranch Taekwondo Academy. He'll be the first to tell you his place is not a 'black belt factory' like other schools where a student's rank is the main emphasis. Rather, a true black belt is earned during years of continuous training, emphasizing character development, respect for self and others, discipline and, above all, honesty. Don't worry, you'll still feel like Bruce Lee, breaking boards with a single crack and yell, but along the way a deeper sense of self develops that will aid you in personal growth.
- Hours: Mon, 4pm - 9pm; Tues, 4pm - 7:30pm; Wed, 4pm - 9:30pm; Thu, 4pm - 7:30pm; Fri, 4:30pm - 6pm.
- Handicap Accessible: Entrance level with parking.
- Payments accepted: Cash, Debit Card, Discover, MasterCard, Personal Check, Visa
- Discounts: Group/family
- Parking: Free lot
- Number of instructors: 1
- Type: Tae Kwon Do
- Uses ranking system: Yes
- Participates in competitions: Yes
- What is the school's training philosophy?: Churning out black belts is not good practice, it requires extensive deep training.