The Johnson Smith Company was founded in 1914. Originally located in Chicago, it moved several times before finally relocating to Bradenton in 1986. Johnson Smith produces several catalogs with an emphasis on novelty items: Things You Never Knew Existed, The Lighter Side, Betty's Attic, Clever Gear, Full of Life and Halloween Only.
However, the company does not produce the items in its catalogs; it just acts as a middleman in the purchasing process. This location is the corporate headquarters and is not open to the public.
- Fax: 941-746-7962
- Hours: Mon - Fri, 9am - 5pm; Sat, Sun, closed
- Handicap Accessible: Three handicapped spaces, two of which are right in front of the employee entrance. All spaces have ramps leading up onto the sidewalk.
- Founding Date: 1914
- Payments accepted: American Express, Debit Card, Discover, MasterCard, Personal Check, Visa
- Products: Novelty items, clothing, practical jokes, Halloween decorations, Christmas decorations, various other things that aren't easily put into a category.
- Services: Shipping
- Return policy: Items may be exchanged or refunded up to 60 days after purchase.
- ATM: No
- Public restrooms: No
- Parking: Free lot