Bradenton Christian School
BCS celebrates its 50th anniversary during the 2010-11 school year. It has provided a Christian education to thousands of children in the Manatee County area since its inception as an elementary school on Sept. 6, 1960. Today, this independent institution serves approximately 600 preschool, elementary and secondary students representing more than 100 area churches and multiple denominations. Approximately 99 percent go on to college, and two-thirds qualify for Florida Bright Futures scholarships.
Bradenton Christian fields nearly 30 athletic teams in 11 sports and has won state titles in baseball, boys and girls basketball, softball and track and field. The school's grounds feature the McClure Center of Fine Arts and Media Technology, a gallery of framed artwork by students and alumni, and are also home to 88.3 FM, the Panther Radio Station.
- Fax: 941-795-7190
- Hours: Mon - Fri, 8:10am - 3:05pm
- Founding Date: Sept. 6, 1960
- Number of students: 600
- Public/Private: Private
- Religious affiliation: Christian
- Graduation rate (%): 99
- Accreditation/licenses: AdvancEd Worldwide (formerly SACS), Christian School International, Christian Schools of Florida
- Student-to-teacher ratio: 9:1 (preschool), 14:1 (elementary), 15:1 (secondary)
- How engaged is the school with the community?: Students and staff have taken part in a variety of charitable activities, including work with Habitat for Humanity, Hope Family Services, a Thanksgiving food drive and more.
- Grade levels: Pre-K - 12
- Sports teams: Basketball, Baseball, Cross Country, Football, Golf, Soccer, Softball, Swimming, Tennis, Volleyball and Track
- Uniforms: Yes