This week's adoptable dogs are Grace and Ford, a pair of beautiful Minature Pinchers.
Grace (ID# A054066) is a 1-year-old spayed female who is a little timid but will quickly warm up to people, esecially when a treat is involved. She is friendly, full of energy and playful. Ford (ID# A054067) is a year-old little guy with a big dog attitude. He loves to play ball and is watches out for Grace. They have been with Manatee County Animal Services since Oct. 30 and are ready to go home with a loving family.
You can visit Grace and Ford at the county's downtown adoption center today. Adoptions, which include spay/neuter, vaccinations, health check, and microchip, are $80 for dogs, plus a $10 license fee for those in Manatee County, and $60 for cats, plus the license fee. The downtown adoption center is open from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. on Saturdays and 11 a.m. to 6 p.m. Tuesday through Friday.
For more information, visit www.mymanatee.org/pets or call 941-742-5824. The animal services webpage features updated photos and descriptions of the pets available for adoption. Pet owners can also use the site to locate missing pets.
Pets are also available for adoption locally at:
- Animal Network Inc. at Petsmart, 4425 14th St. W.
- Humane Society of Manatee County, 2515 Tamiami Trail
- Bishop Animal Shelter SPCA, 5718 21st Ave. W.
- Gulf Shore Animal League at Pet Supermarket, 6908 Manatee Ave W.
- Nates Place Dog and Cat Adoption Center, 8435 Cooper Creek Blvd.
- Also look up local rescue groups, such as Royal Rescue, through Petfinder.com. Other rescue groups with great dogs include Canine Castaways and Underdog Rescue.