1. Bradenton Patch turns 6 months old today. We'd like to thank all of our supporters and readers over this past half-year, and for those who might be relatively new to our site, and invite you to check out some of the .
2. The Bradenton City Council meets at 8:30 a.m. Wednesday at . Among the items on the agenda are a public hearing on a developer's request to reduce the number of stories at The Promenade at Riverwalk II downtown apartment complex and eliminate plans for retail space. View the full agenda here.
3. The continues its series, "The Naked Universe," at from 7-9 p.m. Wednesday. Join Jeff Rodgers, director of the Bishop Planetarium, for a talk about time. What is it? Did it have a beginning? Will it have an end? Explore these ideas and more as the summer series continues. Admission is free. Beer, wine, sodas and snacks available for purchase. Reservations are appreciated at 941-746-4131, ext. 11, or email@example.com.
4. How would you like to win a 2011 Volkswagen Jetta? Manatee Children's Services is raffling one off as a fundraiser. Only 300 tickets will be sold at $100 apiece, and the winner will be selected Oct. 1 at the Country Night fundraiser (you need not be present to win). If you're interested in purchasing a ticket, contact Board President William Tokajer at 941-737-1900 or e-mail him at firstname.lastname@example.org.
5. The federal government has allocated funding to help pay the mortgages of qualified homeowners who are unemployed or underemployed. To determine whether you qualify, click here or contact Lesa Livingston with the City of Bradenton at 941-932-9400, ext. 481 or 493.