1. It's Reels at Rossi time: Bring the kids to along the downtown waterfront Friday for a free screening of "Megamind." Voiced by Will Ferrell, Brad Pitt and Tina Fey, the PG-rated, computer-animated comedy is about a super villain who creates a nemesis to cure his boredom but soon finds himself in the unusual position of being the good guy. The movie starts at sunset, and there will be snacks available for purchase. Be sure to bring chairs and blankets!
2. Want to watch something a little more old school? Check out 1963's "Jason and the Argonauts" at 6 p.m. Friday as part of the 's . The cult classic brings Greek mythology to life through special effects wizard Ray Harryhausen. It's $5 general admission, $3 member admission. For more info, call 941-746-4131, ext. 27, e-mail email@example.com or visit http://www.southfloridamuseum.org.
3. Manatee County middle-schoolers' hi-tech projects will be on display 9-11 a.m. Friday in the South Florida Museum's . The kids have created digital animation based on museum content during a weeklong "From the Ground Up" technology camp.
4. The fourth annual to beneft Children's Burn Camp kicks off with a shotgun start this morning at the Bradenton Yacht Club, 4307 13th St. W. in Palmetto. They'll start with offshore fishing, with inshore to follow Saturday morning and weigh-ins at 1 p.m. Sunday. It's free for the public to attend and enjoy live music, face painting, arts and crafts, an art auction and raffle and other family entertainment. Find more info at firecharityfishing.com.
5. On a similar note, the first annual tees off at 8:30 a.m. Friday at the a. There will be door prizes, a 50/50, awards and more. For more info, contact Diane Chrzanowski at 941-737-4131 or CeCe Pritchard at 941-812-8513