Back to normalcy.
The holidays are regrettably over and so are the holiday parties. The madness of New Year’s Eve has receded into a fresh, new year. But this doesn’t mean the local pubs are taking off.
Below is a suggestion for each day of the weekend starting tonight where you can test your pipes at a local dive on Cortez Road, take in an alt-country concert at Ace’s Lounge on Friday then lounge at the bar with one of the best seats in the house on Saturday at Tarpon Pointe Grill & Tiki Bar.
We’re leaving Bradenton on Sunday for Peggy’s Corral in Palmetto where a number of local bands are jamming all day for an awards show and appreciation party. Come back to downtown Bradenton Monday where O’Bricks has a drink special each night of the work week from Monday through Wednesday, and the specials listed below at O’Bricks are good all day and night.
Specials around town starting Thursday:
- Drift In Lounge, 2709 Cortez Rd., has karaoke starting at 9 p.m. Thursday. Dollar Jell-O shots all night.
- Fred Eaglesmith, an alternative country singer-songwriter, is performing live at 8 p.m. Friday at Ace’s Lounge, 4343 Palma Sola Blvd. Tickets are $20 in advance and $25 the day of the show. Click here to order tickets online. Happy Hour is 10 .m. to 7 p.m. with $1 off all drinks and wells, domestics and drafts for $2.50.
- 801 Riverside Dr. E., has live music from class rock/southern rock band Shotgun Justice from 7 p.m. to 11 p.m. Saturday night. Stop by early: Happy Hour is 11 a.m. to 7 p.m. with $2.50 domestic bottles, $4 Smirnoff martinis and $5 house wines. And don’t fret if it rains. If it does, draft beers are two for one and Tarpon Pointe’s “Bar Bite” appetizers are half price.
- The Manatee County edition of the Tampa Bay Music Network’s 5th Annual Awards Show and Musicians Appreciation Party is scheduled for noon to 7 p.m. Sunday at Peggy’s Corral, 4511 U.S. 41, Palmetto. Several local bands are scheduled to attend and play an “All-Star Jam” including Whiskey Blind, Katalyst, Wicked Jester, members of Shotgun Justice, Big Daddy and more. Visit Peggy’s Corral’s website for more information.
- Let O’Bricks Irish Pub & Martini Bar, 427 Old Main St., take care of the rest of the week starting with Martini Mondays with signature martinis for $6 each, A Little Bit Irish Tuesdays with Guinness, Harp and Murphy’s Stout pints on sale for $3 each and Tullamore Dew for $4, and Just a Bit Brit Wednesdays with Bass, Boddingtons, and Newcastle pints for $3 as well as $4 Hendricks and Tanqueray Gin.