Is it really already halfway to St. Patrick’s Day?
Not really, according to the calendar. But should such a pesky little fact stand in the way of a reason to celebrate being, or pretending to be, Irish? No way!
The Bradenton Marauders are celebrating a Halfway to St. Patrick’s Day on Thursday at , 1611 9th St. W., with a free beer tasting, $1 drafts of green beer and other Thirsty Thursday-related specials on alcohol. There also will be live music from the City of Sarasota Pipe Band and Irish dancing.
The Marauders, class A-Advanced affiliate of the Pittsburgh Pirates, take on the Tampa Yankees at 6:30 p.m. Gates open at 5:30 p.m. Get tickets at the ballpark’s box office outside the main gate (that’s the easiest route) or click here to order online.
Also around Bradenton this weekend:
- The infamous “Penny Til Ya Pee” at , 5627 14th St. W., starts at 10 p.m. Thursday. It usually ends soon after. All contestants enjoy one cent drafts until someone gives in and has to go. Ask the bartender about the Smirnoff Bomb shot specials for the evening.
- Premier Beverage is promoting three of its brands of alcohol this Friday on Old Main Street – Three Olives Loopy, 1800 Coconut and Smores & Vodka – during the Loopy for Coco and S'mores Too downtown Bradenton Pub Crawl. Yeah, I know, that’s a mouthful. The pub crawl features promo girls, giveaways and great drinks and they’re visiting all the bars on Old Main Street starting at 7 p.m.
- Faultline is playing at , 2709 Cortez Rd., on Friday from 8:30 p.m. to 12:30 a.m. Jager Bombs are $4.50 all day. Ask your bartender about the daily specials.
- , 4343 Palma Sola Blvd., has The Selwyn Birchwood Band, a Florida-based blues band, at 9 p.m. Friday. They’re standing in for Rosie Ledet & The Zydeco Playboys, whose tour in Southwest Florida has been postponed. No cover.
- , 5435 15th St. E., has live usic from southern rock/country band Night Train on Friday night from 9 p.m. to 1 a.m. Get there early for happy hour from 4 p.m. to 6 p.m. for $1.25 domestic drafts and $2.50 domestic bottles.