Each Thursday, Patch highlights staff and reader picks of great local businesses, destinations, services, organizations, ways to spend a day off and more.
You'll find useful lists to help you find the best places for everything from Sunday brunch to New Year's Eve celebrations, pizza to pumpkin patches, date night destinations, florists, girlfriend nights out, burgers, parks and more.
Want to suggest a list? Submit your idea in the comment box. Agree or disagree with our picks? Be sure to let us know!
This week's list: 5 best places to buy sushi in Bradenton ...
- , 8209 Natures Way, is a Japanese-Korean fusion restaurant located in the San Marco Plaza in Lakewood Ranch. Although “sushi” is in the name, Matsuri’s diverse menu has a range of menu options that extend beyond its excellent sushi, sashimi and makimono – including bento boxes, kimchee, miso, Bu Go Gi, and Lobster Nippon. It’s difficult to find great Japanese sushi and Korean cuisine in the same restaurant – but for those who are looking for the perfect combination, Matsuri is the place to go.
- , 8126 Lakewood Main St., has been hailed for its romantic atmosphere and excellent Japanese cuisine, making it one of the most highly recommended date locations in Lakewood Ranch – especially for sushi fans. Although its unique specialty rolls such as the “Lava Flower Roll," “Viagra Roll," and “Spicy Candy Cane Roll” may be slightly on the pricy side, the exceptional quality and large portion size make them well worth the extra couple of bucks.
- , 6032 14th St. W., features an exceptionally diverse menu. Like Matsuri, it also features Korean cuisine (as well as Chinese), but its sushi is the menu item most frequently bragged upon. Its wide range of fresh sushi options includes the typical fare such as tuna, salmon and crab as well as less-often featured items such as red clam, quail egg, green mussels and sea urchin. The specialty K-Roll (cream cheese, fried shrimp, shredded crab salad, Panko breadcrumbs, scallions, spicy mayo and eel sauce) comes highly recommended and cannot be found anywhere else in the area.
- , 3611 1st St., makes the Patch Picks list for the second week in a row, having been featured in last week’s . While Samurai’s flamboyant hibachi flair may take the main stage, it should also be noted that the restaurant offers some of the best sushi and sashimi in Bradenton. The portion sizes are generous, and the quality is top notch, making this restaurant a must-try for local sushi fans.
- , 5250 E State Road 64, is one of the best locations in east Bradenton for exceptional sushi. This Thai and Japanese restaurant is hailed in equal measure for its elegant atmosphere, reasonable prices, delicious Thai cuisine options, and of course, its fresh and delicious sushi options. Thai Wasabi also has a Sarasota location on Clark Road.