It’s the decade we love to make fun of.
The 1970s are making a brief return to Bradenton this Saturday at Last Call Sports Bar & Grill, 2604 Manatee Ave. E. The bar is hosting a ‘70s Night Disco Party and is asking its patrons to dress the part.
Live music and drink specials at a few local bars this weekend. Here are a few highlights:
- Fridays are always fantastic at , 5627 14th St. W., with its extra-long happy hour special from 11 a.m. until 8 p.m. with $2 drafts, $6.50 pitchers and $2.50 beer bottles and “bar drinks.” Ask the bartender about the Friday night shot special. Smirnoff bombs – any flavor – are $3.50. The juke box is handling the entertainment for the evening, so bring those quarters.
- , 801 Riverside Drive E., has live music from Demo Duo from 2 p.m. to 5 p.m. Saturday followed by Big Daddy from 7 p.m. to 11 p.m. Wedged between these two performances is happy hour from 3 p.m. to 7 p.m. with $2 domestic beer bottles, $1.75 domestic drafts, $3 wells, $4 calls, $5 for select premiums and $4 Smirnoff Martinis (that include Traditional, Pomegranate, Sour Melon, Sour Apple, and Chocolate). All appetizers are $5 during happy hour.
- Live music from A Gentlemen Army from 8 p.m. to 11 p.m. Saturday at , 302 Old Main St., from 7 p.m. to 10 p.m. Happy hour drink specials from noon to 7 p.m. and buy-two-get-one-free shot specials every night.
- , 2604 Manatee Ave. E., is hosting a ‘70s Night Disco Party starting at 8 p.m. Saturday. There will be a dance contest and a costume contest, so dig out those polyester butterfly collar shirts and bell bottom pants. Prizes include gift certificates and bar tabs.
- , 4310 S.R. 64 E., has a post-10 p.m. happy hour seven days a week featuring 2-for-1 premium cocktails with such premium brands as Ketel 1, Absolut, Tanqueray, Beefeater, Captain Morgan, El Mayor Tequila, 1800, Jim Beam, Jack Daniels, Crown Royal, Southern Comfort and more. Gecko’s released its new menu on Monday. Click here to check it out.