Think your business does not need the services of an employment agency – or cannot afford them? Think again.
Here are 6 top reasons to use a staffing company, according to HH Staffing:
- Liability: When you engage the services of a staffing firm, it is not your employee. Therefore, you have no liability for workers' comp, professional/general liability, payroll taxes and unemployment claims.
- Cost: Though you will pay a service fee or hourly mark up to a staffing/recruiting firm, you need to keep in mind that they are paying all of the workers' comp, professional/general liability insurance, state and federal payroll taxes. Generally this adds up to about 12% of what the staffing firm pays the employee.
- Flexibility: When you only need someone for a few weeks or months it can be outsourced to an agency that specializes in your type of position and already has the recruitment advertising dollars spent and qualified candidates lined up. You are able to use the agency's employee as much or little as you need and can discontinue their assignment once your work is complete.
- Expertise: There are staffing agencies and recruiters who specialize in any industry or position you can imagine. By working with an agency or recruiter that has a specialty for your type of position, you will immediately access the exact talent pool you are trying to reach, as well as upping your chances of getting the best possible candidate.
- Time: Recruiting, screening and hiring a candidate, whether temporary or long term, takes a significant amount of advertising dollars and your personal time.