Each Thursday, Patch highlights staff and reader picks of great local businesses, destinations, services, organizations, ways to spend a day off and more.
You'll find useful lists to help you find the best places for everything from Sunday brunch to New Year's Eve celebrations, pizza to pumpkin patches, date night destinations, florists, girlfriend nights out, burgers, parks and more.
Want to suggest a list? Submit your idea in the comment box. Agree or disagree with our picks? Be sure to let us know!
This week's list: 5 places to sing karaoke in Bradenton...
- , 6916 14th St W, is a sports bar and restaurant that has established itself as a local favorite because of its daily live music, full beer, wine and liquor selection, and tasty comfort foods. The Banana Factory is unique in that it offers karaoke on Sunday nights. For those who cling to the remaining remnants of their weekends and find themselves looking to belt out a tune or two before returning to the 9 to 5 grind on Monday, The Banana Factory is the place to go.
- , 5526 15th St E, is a classic dive bar in Oneco that opens early for breakfast and remains open until 1 a.m. for the late night crowd. A DJ is present every Thursday through Saturday night to host karaoke. Thursday is Ladies’ Night, so those who are looking for a casual joint to host a Girls’ Night Out and while giving the vocal chords a workout should give Mulligan’s a shot.
- 5108 15th St E, like its neighboring Oneco bar, Mulligan’s, is an often-overlooked Bradenton dive bar. Open from 8 a.m. until 1 a.m., “the Rose,” as it is known by the locals, hosts karaoke every Wednesday and Saturday night. When popular local karaoke jockey, Faye, takes over on those nights, the bar is packed with dancing patrons. The majority of the Rose’s patrons are from the 40+ crowd, which weeds out a lot of the rowdiness present in bars that appeal to a younger demographic, but fun is in no short supply – especially on Wednesday and Saturday nights when karaoke is in full swing.
- , 6218 Cortez Rd W, is hailed as Bradenton’s “biggest and best tiki bar” and is known as one of the hottest places in town to catch live music on any given night. Every Wednesday through Friday night, the bar hosts karaoke which is only made better by the constant flow of cocktails and domestic drafts. If you’re less of a singer and more of an observer, settle down with a beer and a Reuben or Cuban sandwich, both of which have won local awards, and enjoy the show.
- , 3102 53rd Ave E, is one of East Bradenton’s favorite watering holes and hangout spots. The lounge has been in business since 1990 and hosts a number of loyal longtime regulars. When karaoke night hits at 9 p.m. every Friday, the bar becomes so packed with regulars and karaoke fans alike that it is sometimes difficult to even find room to dance. All that singing and dancing can cause one to work up quite an appetite, and although the bar doesn’t serve food, neighboring restaurants, and are right there.