This week's adoptable dog is Rachel, a brown and white hound mix.
Rachel (ID# A055286) is a 10-month-old spayed female who is smart and playful. She loves to play with toys and will sit and go down for a treat. She is still a puppy so it takes some patience to get her to focus, but she will. She is a fun puppy with a great personality. Rachel has been with Manatee County Animal Services since Jan. 10 when she was transferred from Bishop Animal Shelter.
You can visit Rachel at the county's downtown adoption center. Adoptions, which include spay/neuter, vaccinations, health check, and microchip, are $80 for dogs, plus a $15 license fee for those in Manatee County, and $40 for cats, plus the license fee. The downtown adoption center is open from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. on Saturdays and 11 a.m. to 6 p.m. Tuesday through Friday.
For more information, visit www.mymanatee.org/pets or call 941-742-5824. The animal services webpage features updated photos and descriptions of the pets available for adoption. Pet owners can also use the site to locate missing pets.
Let Patch save you time. Get great local stories like this delivered right to your inbox or smartphone everyday with our free newsletter. Simple, fast sign-up here.
Pets are also available for adoption locally at:
- Animal Network Inc. at Petsmart, 4425 14th St. W.
- Humane Society of Manatee County, 2515 Tamiami Trail
- Bishop Animal Shelter SPCA, 5718 21st Ave. W.
- Gulf Shore Animal League at Pet Supermarket, 6908 Manatee Ave W.
- Nates Place Dog and Cat Adoption Center, 8435 Cooper Creek Blvd.
- Also look up local rescue groups, such as Royal Rescue, through Petfinder.com. Other rescue groups with great dogs include Canine Castaways and Underdog Rescue.