This week's adoptable dog is Clinton, a puggle a.k.a. a beagle-pug mix.
Clinton (ID# A053651) is a 2-year-old neutered male who likes to play ball. He is friendly and loves to greet people. He has a sweet disposition and is a real lover. Clinton has been with Manatee County Animal Services since Oct. 9.
You can visit Clinton at the county's downtown adoption center today. Adoptions, which include spay/neuter, vaccinations, health check, and microchip, are $80 for dogs, plus a $10 license fee for those in Manatee County, and $60 for cats, plus the license fee. Pixies is available for the $10 license fee because she has been at the shelter too long and really needs a home. The downtown adoption center is open from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. on Saturdays and 11 a.m. to 6 p.m. Tuesday through Friday.
For more information, visit www.mymanatee.org/pets or call 941-742-5824. The animal services webpage features updated photos and descriptions of the pets available for adoption. Pet owners can also use the site to locate missing pets.
Pets are also available for adoption locally at:
- Animal Network Inc. at Petsmart, 4425 14th St. W.
- Humane Society of Manatee County, 2515 Tamiami Trail
- Bishop Animal Shelter SPCA, 5718 21st Ave. W.
- Gulf Shore Animal League at Pet Supermarket, 6908 Manatee Ave W.
- Nates Place Dog and Cat Adoption Center, 8435 Cooper Creek Blvd.
- Also look up local rescue groups, such as Royal Rescue, through Petfinder.com. Other rescue groups with great dogs include Canine Castaways and Underdog Rescue.