Something Special Every Week At The Local Bars
Drink deals are easy to find if you know where to look. This column is a great start.
The Irish and the British, historically, haven’t always enjoyed the warmest of relationships. But they do share a love for a good beer. And so does O’Bricks Irish Pub & Martini Bar, 427 Old Main St., where there are weekly specials for the Irish and the British - and everyone else gets to join in.
“A Little Bit Irish” Tuesdays offer $3 pints Guinness, Harp and Murphy’s Stout and $4 Tullamore Dew whiskey.
"Just a Bit 'Brit'" Wednesdays have pints of Bass, Boddingtons and Newcastle for $3 as well as $4 Hendricks and Tanqueray Gin.
Both specials are 2 p.m. until close at 2 a.m.
There’s also Martini Mondays with $6 martinis all day. Every Saturday from noon to 4 p.m. Bloody Marys and Mimosas are $5 each. If Captain Morgan and Coke is your thing then you’re really in luck. They’re $3 – every day.
Happy hour is daily from 2 p.m. to 7 p.m. and again from 11 p.m. until midnight with half-price wells and wines by the glass, $1 off all draft beers and $6 martinis.
There are some things good enough to repeat every week. Here they are…
- Every Thursday The Muphin Men play live at McCabe’s Irish Pub, 302 Old Main St., from 7 p.m. to 10 p.m. Happy hour drink specials from noon to 7 p.m. and buy-two-get-one-free shot specials every night.
- Every Friday from 7 p.m. to 10 p.m. Mello Vibes Entertainment, a steel drum performer with a Caribbean flair, plays at Jamrocks Jamaican Grill, 5917 Manatee Ave W #201. This family-owned and operated restaurant relocated to Bradenton from Anna Maria Island about a year ago. In addition to authentic Jamaican entrées, the restaurant also serves its native beers Red Stripe and Dragon Stout. On tap is Rastafar-Rye, made by New York’s Blue Point Brewing, in honor of the 1930s-era religious movement on Jamaica.
- Also every Friday the Drift In, 2907 Cortez Rd., has house band Faultline playing 8:30 p.m. to 12:30 a.m. Get there early for happy hour specials from 8 a.m. until noon and again from 3 p.m. to 7 p.m. Dollar Jell-O shots are a common sight in the evenings, too.
- Every Friday and Wednesday at Cork's Cigar Bar, 424 Old Main St., is "Music Bites" with live music from Cody & Bruce and $2 Miller Lites, Bud Lights and mixed wells. Hours are 5-7 p.m.
- Every Saturday you can get your breakfast at The Distillery Tavern, 450 Old Main St., from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. Two scrambled eggs with tater tots are $3, 16 oz. domestic drafts are $1.75 and Bloody Marys are $3.50.
- It’s not weekly. It’s monthly. And it’s tonigh: Get Down Downtown is 5 p.m. to 10 p.m. on Old Main Street with live music from Lauren Mitchel Band, vendors and more.