Jell-in at the Cellar
Jell-O wrestling, live music, free meatloaf drink specials — it's all good ole American fun!
One of the hottest places in town is the Cellar Bar. I've said that before.
But they sure know how to cool down over there. The new Thursday night special at the Cellar is women's Jell-O wrestling, and the pictures on Facebook speak for themselves.
If you're interested in attending, see below. If you're interested in becoming a contestant, sign up for Facebook and "like" the Cellar.
Here are a few more events around town this weekend:
- Back by popular demand is The Arch, a local rock/classic rock band playing from 6-10 p.m. every Thursday on the patio at Pier 22, 1200 First Ave. W. (off Barcarrota Boulevard on the Manatee River). Thursdays are also Ladies Night; They get drinks for half price all night long. But, ladies, make sure you stop by the dockside lounge from 6:30-7 p.m. Drafts, house wine and martinis are FREE during that 30-minute period.
- Thursdays are heating up at The Cellar, 4307 26th St. W. Well, for some customers, they’re cooling down. The Cellar has added weekly Jell-O wrestling and more Thursday drink specials to its lineup. From 9 p.m. to 11 p.m. on Thursdays, select beers and cocktails are two for $5, Jell-O shots are $2 each and premium liquor drinks are $5 each. Jell-O wrestling starts at 11:30 p.m. If you have a Facebook account, check out the Cellar’s page. I’ll let the photos speak for themselves.
- Tarpon Pointe Grill & Tiki Bar, 801 Riverside Drive E., has live music from 7 p.m. to 9 p.m. from local rockers Wiskey Blind. Get there early for happy hour from 3 p.m. to 7 p.m. with $2.50 domestic bottles, $2.25 drafts and wells $4 Smirnoff Martinis. If you're hungry, check out Tarpon Pointe's Mojito wings, which are fresh off a victory in WingFest at McKechnie Field!
- Hi-Way Bar, 420 301 Blvd. E., is hosting its monthly party starting this Saturday. Dinner will be meatloaf - all kinds of it! The bar is hosting a cookoff and there were eight entries as of Tuesday afternoon. Feel free to bring your best meatloaf and a side - or just your appetite. Dinner is served around 6 p.m. And it's free. Stop by, fill your stomach and have a cold beer or two.
- Applebutter Express, the bluegrass-folk band that entertained a packed house a month ago at McCabe’s Irish Pub, 302 Old Main St., is coming back for round two at 8 p.m. Saturday. Also, McCabe’s has a new drink special for the summer: Sam Adams Summer Ale drafts are only $2.75 from noon to 7 p.m. and $3.50 from 7 p.m. until close.