Going Stir Crazy? Get Out of the House this Weekend
Family is great, but sometimes you just need a short break. Here's what's going on this weekend.
The turkey is about to officially become leftovers and the sibling rivalries are getting a little old. It's time to get out of the house for a little break.
Together time is great but when you need to get away, there are plenty of options around town this weekend.
- Drift In, 2907 Cortez Rd., has happy hour everyday from 8 a.m to noon and 3 p.m. to 7 p.m. Acoustic band Faultline plays every Friday from 8:30 p.m. to 12:30 a.m. Jager Bombs are always $4.50. Ask your bartender about the daily specials.
- If all the family time from Thanksgiving Day has you ready to scream, then head to Tequila Beach Sport Grille, 7423 Manatee Ave. W., on Friday night for karaoke and channel those screams into music. Karaoke starts at 9:30 p.m. But no need to wait. Get there early for happy hour from 11 a.m. to 7 p.m. with $2.50 domestic bottles and wells, $4 margaritas, $3 house wines and more.
- Still hungry? Tired of leftover turkey? Get to Rasher Tierney’s Irish Pub & Restaurant, 5106 14th St. W., for all-you-can-eat fish and chips all day Friday. Rashers is open from 11 a.m. until 2:30 a.m., so that’s a lot of eating. DJ Snook is entertaining in the back bar from 10 p.m. until close.
- Tarpon Pointe Grill & Tiki Bar, 801 Riverside Drive E., has live music all day Saturday. It’s Swamp Donkey from 2 p.m. to 5 p.m. followed by Billy Rice Band from 7p.m. to 11 p.m. Happy hour is 3 p.m. to 6 p.m. If you haven’t been to Tarpon Pointe, it’s one of the most interesting bars around with volleyball courts, corn hole, a fire pit, 13 flat-screen televisions and more. Check it out.
- Gecko’s Grill & Pub, 4310 S.R. 64 E. in the Braden River Plaza, has 16 flat-screen televisions with hi-def quality, all strategically positioned over tables and booths and behind the bar. Gecko’s is home of the local Baltimore Ravens fans, so catch the Ravens vs. the Cincinnati Bengals at 1 p.m. on the giant projection screen.