‘Get Down’ Returns To Old Main Street Thursday
And make sure to get your tickets for Thompson Square at Joyland!
It’s that time of year. Get Down Downtown is back for the new season and so is the NFL.
Get Down isn’t hard to find. It occurs every third Thursday of the month in downtown Bradenton. But if you can’t make it to the football stadium for that particular game, how about swinging by a nightclub? Definitely! The Cellar Bar has drink specials and football on Sunday afternoons. Check it out:
- O’Bricks Irish Pub & Martini Bar, 427 Old Main St., is hosting a Cirque des Femmes “Pre-Party Party” from 5 p.m. to 7 p.m. Thursday. It’s free and open to the public with free appetizers and drink specials. Come by O’Bricks again Saturday as the pub marks the halfway point to St. Patrick’s Day with endless pints of green beer from 2 p.m. to 2 a.m.
- Get Down Downtown, the most popular street party in Bradenton, returns to Old Main Street from 5 p.m. to 10 p.m. Thursday. Old Main Street shuts down for the evening and everyone is welcome to stop by and have fun, but you must be 21 to get inside downtown’s various bars and pubs. Live music from The Arch starts around 6 p.m. Vendors will line both sides of Old Main Street selling food, arts, crafts and other goodies. Cork’s Cigar Bar, 425 Old Main St., is hosting an after party with music from DJ Rafferdy & the Street Team Girls. Drink and shot specials and your requests from 9:30 p.m. to 1:30 a.m.
- Happy hour is 3 p.m. to 7 p.m. Saturday at Tequila Beach Sport Grille, 7423 Manatee Ave. W., with $1.25 domestic drafts, $2.25 imports, $2 beers and 2-for-1 tall wells and calls, $3 house wine and $4 margaritas. Live music from Shotgun Justice starts at 10 p.m.
- One might not think The Cellar Bar & Hookah Lounge, 4307 26th St. W., is a place to watch football, but The Cellar has two high-definition screens, eight flat-screen TVs and domestic drafts for only a buck during the games Sunday afternoon. DJ music in the evening with more drink specials including $3 apple or grape bombs.
- It’s not really a weekend event, but you might want to get your tickets this weekend for country artist Thompson Square’s concert at Joyland, 5520 14th St. W., on Wednesday. Get your tickets for $12.50 in advance at Honda Cars of Bradenton, 5515 14th St. W., or Joyland's website. Tickets are $17.50 at Joyland the night of the concert. Doors open at 7 p.m. and the concert is expected to start at 10 p.m.