Dog Rescued From Burning Bradenton Home
Bradenton Fire Department battled a fire at 1615 18th Avenue West Saturday afternoon.
A small dog is recovering from being caught in a house fire Saturday afternoon after it was rescued by Bradenton firefighters.
The Bradenton Fire Department responded at 1:09 p.m., Saturday, to a house fire at 1615 18th Ave, West, where thick smoke billowed from the front door and chimney, according to the fire department.
A neighbor told firefighters that a dog was inside, and the first responders found the small dog inside the master bedroom, and EMS crews gave the dog oxygen to recover.
Manatee County Animal Services evaluated the dog's health at an animal clinic following the rescue, according to the fire department.
The fire was under control after about 10 minutes, ending at 1:18 p.m., and caused an estimated $25,000 in damage, according to the fire department.
No one was injured, and the family is being helped by the Red Cross.