Bradenton's Bar Scene: Ladies Night at Last Call and More
Your weekly guide to party spots around town.
Here's what's happening on the bar scene around Bradenton this week:
- Thursday night is ladies night at Last Call Sports Bar & Grill, 2604 Manatee Ave. E. Specials start at 8 p.m. 2-for-1 margaritas, sangria and wine.
- Live music from the Mitch Clark Band at Ace’s Lounge, 4343 Palma Sola Blvd., at 9 p.m. Friday. No cover.
- Happy hour is 3-7 p.m. Saturday at Tequila Beach Sport Grille, 7423 Manatee Ave. W., with $1.25 domestic drafts, $2.25 imports, $2 16 oz. beers and 2-for-1 tall wells and calls, $3 house wine and $4 margaritas. Live music from Big Daddy starts at 10 p.m.
- Drift-In Liquors II, 2709 Cortez Rd., is hosting a benefit for employee Beverly Jackson-Sexton, a mother of five who was recently diagnosed with cancer and is undergoing treatment and is unable to work. The benefit is 1:30 p.m. until 6 p.m. Sunday at the bar. There will be hotdogs, hamburgers and plenty of sides for $5 a plate, a 50/50 raffle and a silent auction
- The Bradentucky Bombers roller derby team has a home bout Sunday night against the Sintral Florida Derby Demons — and that means free beer courtesy of The Distillery Tavern. Tailgating starts at 6 p.m. at Astro Skate, 3611 3rd St. W. Doors open at 6:30 p.m. and the bout starts at 7 p.m. There will be more free beer at halftime. Ticket info here. Join the skaters and their friends for a post-bout party at The Distillery, 108 44th Ave. E.