BPD Busts 10 Businesses for Selling Alcohol to Minors
Employees at 10 convenience stores and bar/restaurants are charged as part of underage drinking sting.
The Bradenton Police Department charged employees at 10 area businesses with selling or serving alcohol to minors as part of an underage drinking sting, the department announced Friday.
Officers visted 42 convenience stores and restaurants Thursday and found violations at 10 of them, according to a news release. The employees were charged with second-degree misdemeanors and issued a summons. Another violation within a year of a conviction would be considered a first-degree misdemeanor, according to the release.
The businesses cited were:
- Gecko's Grill and Pub, 4310 E. State Road 64
- Applebee's Neighborhood Grill, 4638 E. State Road 64
- K&S Discount Food & Beverage, 2615 9th St W.
- Kwik Stop, 1718 14th St W.
- Shell, 3612 Cortez Rd. W.
- Danny's Pizzeria, 7220 Manatee Ave. W.
- Nicki’s West 59th Restaurant, 1830 59th St W.
- Fanatics Sports Bar & Grill, 4669 Cortez Rd. W.
- Gio Fabulous Pizza & Martini Bar, 4805 Cortez Rd. W.
- Mama Onesti's Italian Restaurant, 4625 Cortez Rd. W.