Adoptable Dog of the Week: Tiger is a Beauty
He's just one of the pets up for adoption at the county's downtown center.
This week's adoptable dog is Tiger, a brindle pit bull mix.
Tiger is an 11-month-old neutered male who is loving, playful and full of energy. He listens well and will sit for a treat. He loves simple toys — a rolled up pair of socks will make him happy. He has been with Manatee County Animal Services since May 11, when his family dropped him off. You can visit Tiger at the county's downtown adoption center today. During the month of August, dogs are available for $80 and cats for $60. Some animals are available for the $10 license fee. The downtown adoption center is open from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. Tuesday through Saturday.
Adoptions include spay/neuter, vaccinations, health check, and microchip. The current rabies certificate/tag is $10. This Back-to-School adoption special is another step in the County’s plan to become a no-kill community.
For more information, visit www.mymanatee.org/pets or call 941-742-5824. The animal services webpage features updated photos and descriptions of the pets available for adoption. Pet owners can also use the site to locate missing pets.
Pets are also available for adoption locally at:
- Animal Network Inc. at Petsmart, 4425 14th St. W.
- Humane Society of Manatee County, 2515 Tamiami Trail
- Bishop Animal Shelter SPCA, 5718 21st Ave. W.
- Gulf Shore Animal League at Pet Supermarket, 6908 Manatee Ave W.
- Nates Place Dog and Cat Adoption Center, 8435 Cooper Creek Blvd.
- Also look up local rescue groups, such as Royal Rescue, through Petfinder.com. Other rescue groups with great dogs include Canine Castaways and Underdog Rescue.