Adoptable Dog of the Week: Sam Is a Ball of Fun
He's just one of the pets up for adoption at the county's downtown center.
This week's adoptable dog is Sam, a basset hound mix.
Sam (ID# A052463) is a one-year-old neutered male who is smart and playful. He loves to play with toys, can run fast and jump high. He is full of energy and will sit for a treat. He has a lot of puppy in him. He is very friendly and has a great personality. Sam has been with Manatee County Animal Services since Dec. 26.
You can visit Sam at the county's downtown adoption center. Adoptions, which include spay/neuter, vaccinations, health check, and microchip, are $80 for dogs, plus a $15 license fee for those in Manatee County, and $40 for cats, plus the license fee. The downtown adoption center is open from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. on Saturdays and 11 a.m. to 6 p.m. Tuesday through Friday.
Let Patch save you time. Get great local stories like this delivered right to your inbox or smartphone everyday with our free newsletter. Simple, fast sign-up here.
For more information, visit www.mymanatee.org/pets or call 941-742-5824. The animal services webpage features updated photos and descriptions of the pets available for adoption. Pet owners can also use the site to locate missing pets.
Pets are also available for adoption locally at:
- Animal Network Inc. at Petsmart , 4425 14th St. W.
- Humane Society of Manatee County, 2515 Tamiami Trail
- Bishop Animal Shelter SPCA, 5718 21st Ave. W.
- Gulf Shore Animal League at Pet Supermarket, 6908 Manatee Ave W.
- Nates Place Dog and Cat Adoption Center , 8435 Cooper Creek Blvd.
- Also look up local rescue groups, such as Royal Rescue, through Petfinder.com. Other rescue groups with great dogs include Canine Castaways and Underdog Rescue.