Adoptable Dog of the Week: Misty Will Play With You
He's just one of the pets up for adoption at the county's downtown center.
This week's adoptable dog is Misty, a Lhasa Apso mix.
Misty is a 1-year--old neutered male who is loving, playful and full of energy. He loves to chase a ball and bring it back. And he loves human companionship. Misty has been with Manatee County Animal Services since August 10, when he was confiscated in an animal cruelty case.
You can visit Misty at the county's downtown adoption center today. Adoptions, which include spay/neuter, vaccinations, health check, and microchip, are $80 for dogs, plus a $10 license fee for those in Manatee County, and $60 for cats, plus the license fee. Some animals who have been at the shelter too long are available for the $10 license fee. The downtown adoption center is open from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. Tuesday through Saturday.
For more information, visit www.mymanatee.org/pets or call 941-742-5824. The animal services webpage features updated photos and descriptions of the pets available for adoption. Pet owners can also use the site to locate missing pets.
Pets are also available for adoption locally at:
- Animal Network Inc. at Petsmart, 4425 14th St. W.
- Humane Society of Manatee County, 2515 Tamiami Trail
- Bishop Animal Shelter SPCA, 5718 21st Ave. W.
- Gulf Shore Animal League at Pet Supermarket, 6908 Manatee Ave W.
- Nates Place Dog and Cat Adoption Center, 8435 Cooper Creek Blvd.
- Also look up local rescue groups, such as Royal Rescue, through Petfinder.com. Other rescue groups with great dogs include Canine Castaways and Underdog Rescue.