5 Things You Need to Know This Weekend: June 4-5
South Florida Museum Family Night, K9 Summer Splash, ArtWalk, Bradentucky Bombers roller derby and more.
1. It's graduation day Saturday for the seniors of Central High, Horizons Academy, Palmetto High, Lakewood Ranch High and Manatee High. Find a complete list of graduation schedules for Manatee County high schools here. Find out how you can honor your graduate online here.
2. The South Florida Museum will hold its monthly Family Night for June, "ARTIFACT," from 4-7 p.m. Saturday across the street at ArtCenter Manatee. Enjoy family friendly art activities, including pinch pots, fossil prints and nebula paintings. Drop by and get a taste of the summer camps and classes that are offered. Food will be available for a nominal price. Admission is $5. Visit artcentermanatee.org for more info, call 941-746-2862 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
3. Amy's Bed, Bath & Biscuit, 5006 34th Ave. E., is hosting a K9 Summer Splash on Saturday that includes a yard sale/craft sale (8 a.m. to 1 p.m.) and a party (1-6 p.m.). that will feature karaoke and entertainment, a doggie fashion show and contest, grilled food and beverages, games, demonstrations, contests, a 50/50 drawing, pet adoptions and more. It's free to attend, but prices for food and games will vary, with a portion of the proceeds benefiting local animal rescue groups.
4. The Village of the Arts in downtown Bradenton continues its monthly ArtWalk from 11-4 p.m. Saturday. The public is welcome to browse the district’s various studios, galleries and other shops.
5. Check out the Bradentucky Bombers Roller Derby team when it takes on the Gainesville Roller Rebels at 7 p.m. Sunday at Astro Skate and Family Fun Center. Free beer will be provided by The Distillery Tavern during the pre-bout tailgating at 6 p.m.. Tickets ($10 in advance, $12 at the door) can be purchased in advance from your favorite derby girl or at the following locations: Cafe 7, 727 7th St. W., Palmetto; Underground Skate Shop, 3205 Manatee Ave. W.; The Rawk Shop, 1103 12th St. W.; V-Town Surf & Skate, 1900 Main St., Sarasota; and Astro Skate Center. Kids 10 and younger get in for free. Don't forget to bring a chair! More info at www.bradentuckybombers.net.